August 22, 2011

Stylist's Recount: Edgy, Fierce Shoot

Hello dear readers!

My humblest apologies for such  a long gap in between blog posts, work has consumed me and I've also been creating Fantasy Fascinators by night like a Mad Hatter! (photos coming soon!).

The latest shoot I was fortunate to style was for Photographer Antony Snape (http://antonysnape.com/home). Based around the darker side of fashion; a little street-style, a bit dominatrix, a bit sharp-edged glamour and strong shape-oriented silhouettes, I had my black corset at the ready for a structured, fierce feel!



Our lovely model Erin's stunning cheekbones and bright eyes were brought to centre stage by Make-Up Artist Marie Fiorita (http://www.mariemakeup.com/#home), who I must say impressed on all levels, with one of those folding high chairs like you see on the set of a movie for Erin to sit on while she worked her magic.. and the adrenaline kicked in and I started reaching for my Vogue and RUSSH magazines for ideas and themes I had to talk about with them.




It was a great shoot at a location I'd never been to (not local) but amazing, industrial, nautical, clean and just perfect weather (not bad for this winter!) Antony knows how to take a location and work with it in unexpected ways for fashion photography & his use of colour tones is my favourite part. There is a consistent blue theme in the fashion/accessories and I like how it's been accentuated with the background. The red tones in the corset-shots really bring out the sinister intensity I was hoping for in Erin's fashion-look. It was a privelidge to have my fashion and jewellery (& fascinator) featured in this fashion shoot.

 Erin looked incredible in my corset (first corset I made back in 2009, cinches in your waist 8 inches, if you do the corsetry course at Tafe SA Fashion, you won't regret it!). My favourite part was seeing Erin in the white GaGa style 6 inch platform stilettos wearing the black corset underneath the long blue chiffon gown (I designed & made a few months earlier).

The sun was starting to set, there were these great shadows mixing with the background and a warm golden light and all of a sudden for no reason the wind started blowing in Erin's direction, blowing up the dress Marilyn Monroe-style and creating that perfect shot, I love it when that happens! Especially when there's no powerpoints for a fan to make wind, mother nature provides!
 
 






A big thank you to the whole team and assistant Luke Greaves for keeping the whole shoot seamless and creative and supportive and exciting! It was a great day!

I'll be making a 'Behind-the-Scenes' video this week, stay tuned to see footage from this shoot on location, I can't wait to start working on it!

Belinda

(Check out the Facebook Page:)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Belinda-Zanello-Fashion-styling-illustration-jewellery/148916288493758

No comments:

Post a Comment