May 30, 2017

Diner en Blanc Adelaide 2016 Costume!


Image may contain: 1 personLe Diner en Blanc, an international phenomenon, (and one of my favourite events) has now hit Australia in the last several years, and this one was my third!

In summary, it is a mass-picnic you sign up for, location unknown! You must wear white (originally the idea came from Paris 25 years ago, so that you could find each other!) and then you are taken to your secret location, to set up and picnic, dance and enjoy the vino, live music and good times with friends! Once the clock strikes 11pm, you are packed up and out of the location, as though it never really happened! Quite a fairytale, hence why I adore this time of year!

To learn more head to: https://adelaide.dinerenblanc.com/

For 2016, our secret Adelaide location was Elder Park by the river, illuminated with beautiful lights, photobooth stations, stage with live music, and even a Hair and Make-Up Station!

My design this year was inspired by Elizabethan collars, flower crowns, and as a fashion design teacher I really wanted some STEM (science, tech, engineering, maths) thrown in for good measure!Since the Met Gala, I've noticed more electronic designs making their way into the mainstream media, and can't wait to explore more of this myself!

Around 250 LED lights, 2 fibre optic lights, 4 battery packs concealed, 6 bouquets of white roses, 5 metres of metal wire, metres of lace and fabric, a headband, a dozen glue gun sticks and at least 20 hours of pattern drafting, sewing and so much hand seeing and gluing!

Thankyou to those who supported my design along it's construction, in particular photographer Julius Zieleniecki who documented these incredible videos below. Also many thanks to those who approached me on the night to talk about my costume. I'm glad you're supporting local Adelaide designers such as myself! Please continue to buy local and support our art! Thankyou Diner en Blanc Adelaide for another stellar night! Until next time! 


To keep in touch with my work:
Facebook: Belinda Zanello Fashion & Costume
Instagram: @belinda_zanello_fashion

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and wedding
Three creative years of designing and making outfits for dinerenblancadl ! 2014, 2015 & 2016. This year may be my swan song due to starting graduate work in 2017, but only time will tell how well I can juggle things!













Image may contain: one or more people and people standing


No comments:

Post a Comment