April 4, 2011

Behind the Scenes at a Fashion Shoot!

I had an absolute ball at the shoot last week, styling is a bit like playing dress-ups with your favourite doll & making sure she looks a certain way to suit the style and to tell a story. Maybe my whole childhood was leading up to this, I used to have a massive dress up bin as a kid & actually met my best friend in kindergarten because we used to share the dress-ups and shoes when we'd play. Later on I'd start sewing for my dolls out of old socks and scraps of fabric, but that's another story ;)

This glamorous, luxe shoot took place at the Stamford Grand, Glenelg. One of the highlights of this shoot was (due to the fact) we were shooting on a rooftop swimming pool at the Grand hotel which has impressive steel structural architecture but no actual roof! I was cautious of the pigeons, and yes they did poop, but all my garments were covered in plastic so they lose! Apparently they didn't approve of my beige trench coat. But the AWESOME part I loved was when the wind picked up, and due to the open windows/roofless architecture we had this surreal wind blowing in the perfect direction, blowing Lauren's hair and skirt and tie, just perfectly! The fashion gods were smiling that day :)

Here is the team:

Photography ~ Antony Snape 
Model ~ Lauren Frensham
MUA ~ Lauren Parkinson
Hair Stylist ~ Ninette's Hair Salon
Assistant ~ Austen Evans
Stylist ~ Belinda Zanello



I hope you like my quick snap shots, behind the scenes of this shoot which have already been released on the facebook page, if you haven't "Liked" it, now's the chance! 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Belinda-Zanello-Fashion-styling-illustration-jewellery/148916288493758
I'm very proud of my latest garment I designed & made, a tailored pale pink jacket, in cotton/sateen (stretch), with a floral cotton lining, jet pockets. Size 8/10, available to buy on my facebook page. Also all the jewellery featured was made by me, all for sale on facebook too. :)


And I can EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL on here first that I will be editing and producing a short film (rookie film, guys!) with the behind the scenes footage I took also, very excited! Just working on getting the perfect software. 


Until then, enjoy these "Behind the Scenes" shots!


B. Xx








Stay tuned to see the actual photography (by Antony Snape) in my next post!
B. Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment