May 15, 2013

Kate's Henna Baby Belly Painting!


My lovely friend Kate asked me to create a henna body art design on her baby bump as it's only one more month to go! Baby Belly Paintings have really taken off lately and this is my fourth one I've painted. The henna is lovely as it doesn't leave too dark a mark either, and I mix it myself with the powder, oil and water, always checking first for allergies.

Kate picked out a design from searching online and we adapted it to suit the story she wanted to tell. While no one knows the baby's gender, (though I have my suspicions!) We chose a simple, 'nature' style, added two frogs, changed the flower design and I added more flare and embellishment and then decided to complete the art work by having Kate's hands frame her baby belly.

As I'm studying Digital Photography at uni currently, I thought I'd have a go at photographing it. Kate's 3 year old daughter also wanted some henna designs too so she had both feet painted and was such a lovely well-behaved girl. She'll make a great big sister. I'm really pleased with how the images turned out and I hope it inspires you too! See the album of my other baby belly paintings here All the best Kate! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment