July 4, 2011

at the Opening of 'Stranded' Woolcraft Exhibition



It was a blustery, cold day, light showers and a true winter's day, but that didn't dampen my spirits in the least. A few of my closest friends and family were able to make it to the opening of the 'Stranded' Woolcraft Exhibition at Port Noarlunga Arts Centre, on the 2nd July 2011.

I've never submitted anything for an exhibition on my own before, but am so glad to have done it now. I met some incredible textile artists who were so friendly and happy to talk about their love of using the wool fibre to make art and wearable art, jewellery and even tiny hand-sewn animals which I loved.

 There was a great set up of more than what was described as 'light refreshments' I was in heaven with the huge cheese platter with fresh things to eat and delicious wine, supplied by the local McLaren Vale Winery, yummmmmmm!

The exhibition is running until the 17th July,
Mon-Fri: 10am-4pm
Sat-Sun: 12-4pm




Come and see the inspiring work and my design "Marie Antoinette" (not for sale), inspired by the era and also designer Vivienne Westwood. A big thankyou to all the people involved in organising this event, and the City of Onkaparinga, and to my friends and family who have supported me from the very start.













No comments:

Post a Comment