March 24, 2011

RIP Elizabeth Taylor

Wow, the first thing I heard today while I was still asleep was my dad saying "Elizabeth Taylor passed away"... I woke up immediately and couldn't believe it. Really.. so soon? I was aware time was moving on but didn't know she had so many health complications. 


I just wanted to pay tribute to the late Elizabeth Taylor, a style icon who epitomised the golden Hollywood era. As both movie star and onscreen legend, Taylor will forever be remembered for her sensuous beauty, sultry film roles, tumultuous love affairs and her active role in the fight against AIDS.


I first loved her in Cleopatra, loved the make up and head dresses, loved how well she played Cleopatra and set the bar for how strong & fiercely independent a woman really can be... 


Rest in peace. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment