March 11, 2011

Styling Autumn 2011



Looking through familiar sites since studying fashion has become habit at times, sites like Vogue, blog lovin, net-a-porter, fashion trendsetter, fashion toast and the sartorialist which made me reminisce about making mood boards, researching colour trends and before you know it, I'm working on a mood board of my own. Styling for Autumn 2011, if money were no object and I lived overseas, had a figure to die for and breathed fashion even more than I do now, this is what I'd wear. I was surprised by the lively colour palette for Autumn but I love colour, so I love it! We need more colour. Right now I'm wearing a grey knit cardigan (sad face) and teal long sleeve top (new autumn 2011 trend). Small Victory, new trends. Enjoy!


“Designers take a painterly approach to fall 2011 by artfully combining bright colors with staple neutrals, reminiscent of how an artist would construct a stunning work of art,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Much like a painter’s masterpiece, there is a certain romance to this season’s palette.” -pantone.com


Colours listed left to right at the top of the story board are:
Bamboo, Emberglow, Honeysuckle, Phlox, Cedar, Deep Teal, Coffee Liquer, Nougat, Orchid Hush, Quarry.

I've incorporated that in the Vanessa Bruno shirt (Emberglow), Donna Karan jacket (Nougat) and kept the rest in black as it's best to stick to wearing only two colours, more than that and it becomes too overwhelming.

Have a great Autumn fashionistas!

Belinda Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment